Call for Papers
International Conference on Language Teaching (ICoLT) 2023
Maros, 8-10 October 2023
Collaboration with BOLT Outreach, Japan
Language teaching and learning in Asia is a dynamic and diverse field that reflects the complex linguistic, cultural, and educational realities of the region. As more schools and companies turn to English as the primary language of communication, language education policies and practices have evolved to meet the changing needs and expectations of learners, teachers, and society. Technology has also played a significant role in shaping language education in Asia, offering new opportunities and challenges for language teaching and learning in the digital era.
This conference aims to provide a platform for researchers, educators, practitioners, and policy makers to share their insights, experiences, and innovations in language teaching and learning in Asia. The conference will cover a wide range of topics related to language policy and planning, curriculum and materials design, classroom interaction, assessment, teacher education, digital literacies, technology and language teaching and learning, multilingualism and multiculturalism, intercultural communication, and more.
The conference is organised in collaboration with BOLT Outreach, a non-profit organisation that promotes language learning and intercultural communication through online platforms and community projects. BOLT Outreach supports language learners from various backgrounds and contexts to develop their linguistic and intercultural competence and confidence.
We invite you to join us at the International Conference on Language Teaching 2023 (ICoLT 2023) to explore the current trends and issues in language teaching and learning in Asia and beyond. We look forward to welcoming you to this exciting event!
The Organising Committee of the International Conference on Language Teaching 2023 (ICLT 2023) invites researchers, educators, practitioners, and policy makers to submit abstracts for presentation at the conference. The theme of the conference is “Language-in-education policy and practice in the digital era”.
The conference aims to explore how technology has impacted policy, curriculum, and pedagogy in language education and how it will impact the future of language policy and practice and our society, in general. The conference also seeks to foster collaboration and exchange among participants from different contexts and backgrounds.
The conference is organised in collaboration with BOLT Outreach, a non-profit organisation that promotes language learning and intercultural communication through online platforms and community projects.
– Abstracts should be written in English and have a maximum of 150-200 words.
– Abstracts should include the following information: title, author(s), affiliation(s), email address(es), keywords, research background, objectives, methods, and outcomes.
– Abstracts should be submitted online through this link: [link to submission system].
– The deadline for abstract submission is 1 September 2023.
– All abstracts will undergo a double-blind peer review process by the Organising Committee.
– Notification of acceptance will be sent after 31 July 2023.
– Full papers (optional) should be submitted by 30 September 2023.
The conference welcomes proposals related to the following strands (but not limited to):
– Language Policy and Planning
– English as Medium of Instruction / Content-Language Integrated Learning
– Family Language Policy
– Bi/Multilingualism in Education
– Translanguaging in Education
– The Impact of Technology on Assessment
– Intercultural Communication
– Curriculum, Syllabus and Materials Design
– Classroom Interaction
– Language Teacher Education
– Digital Literacies
– Technology and Language Teaching and Learning
– Multimodality in Language Education